Thursday, December 31, 2009
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down..
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5.. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life apart from God, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it.. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
This was sent in an email to me from my sister in law, and was so timely that I couldn't wait to share it with you all, for the new year. I hope that it provokes as much thought for you, as it did for me. May you all have a Wonderful New Year!
Friday, December 25, 2009
While I am a little late in posting this, I do hope that Santa flew over your place last night, and delivered all of you, many wonderful Christmas memories. It has sure been a great year blogging and reading all your blogs. You have inspired me beyond my wildest dreams. May you all, have a wonderful holiday season. This is my last Christmas project posting for this year, an Anita Goodesign tile scene done on my embroidery machine. Hope you enjoy!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season! And may all our hips survive them!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Almost the 11th hour and I am still working on my holiday gifts. I have to get my act together sooner next year. The more I think about things, the more I realize that I really do need to make it a priority to start in January and get at least 1 Christmas project a month done. This week has found me at my embroidery machine. Here are a few towels that I have finished up using Embroidery Library designs. These micro fiber towels are just the greatest to not only stitch on, but to use too! I have a set of Oriental bath towels that I was working on when my new Ellisimo machine started making horrible noise, so it's in the shop, and I am hoping that I get it back in time to finish up the hand towels.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Here it is my Christmas Quilt 2009. One of my favorite Art to Heart quilt patterns, "I Believe". It's a color combination that I have never used and I love it. For those who might be interested they are having a little contest on Quilting Gallery. I would love for you to take a look at the choices and vote for your favorite.
There are 2 catagories and you can scroll thru the choices. Mine is in the large quilt catagory. I promise no graveling. Vote for your favorite, what ever it may be! :-) They are "all" just wonderful.
Now on another note, we had a shock of a kind here today. My new little kitty Murphy was found to not be a boy today. That's what happens when you let your husband get a pet. He believes whatever his friend tells him. (of course I never really checked it out either) :-) :-) So now I have a little girl kitty with a rather strange name for a girl. But then I do remember a Murphy Brown from a day's gone by TV show. Gheez do we all look stupid in this house or what????? It sure gave us all a big ole laugh this afternoon!
Have a good weekend, and I hope your all just about ready for the holidays in 2 weeks. Yikes, I gotta get a move on it.