While I was down in Albuquerque last week, I wasn't slacking...
Nope, before I left, I spend 2 days preparing the little
half square triangles.
That was a huge help in assembling all these bear paws.
I shared this trial block before...
Since it went together correctly with these triangle paper templates, which you can find
I was ready to cut into my fabrics.
I stitched and I stitched...
even without bobbin sometimes...
Thats a big faux pas... that blasted faux stitching!
I kept all my parts and pieces close at hand, along with the finished blocks for inspiration...
Next up was the bear.
I took a break from piecing all those paws.
Oh, how I love the way it's turning out.
You know I had to shoot for the biggest quilt in the pattern.
That's a "LOT" of half square triangles and many many blocks,
but I'm happy to say, that yesterday I finished up piecing
the last of them. On to putting it all together and starting on the
I must say, I'm "sew" glad I found these Northcott fabrics.
They really are stunning. I got a little nervous while piecing all this,
as the fabric is last years collection, and finding it was difficult.
I was short about 1/8 yard from the pattern requirements.
I did a little happy dance, when I had 1/2 yard leftover,
and a plan in my head, to make this full size quilt fit my king size bed.
I'm pretty sure I have enough background fabric to do it!
Thanks Lorna for a fabulous pattern and a great QAL!
You can find more on it right
Keep on Stitchin'